Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Thought Bubble: ...Green-eyed Monster much?

Although I usually dabble in the fashion and beauty departments to post on my blog, I've decided to take things a little deeper, and a little more personal than this season's latest trends...

Ever find yourself hating on someone? An example is teen 'pop sensation' Miley Cyrus, My choix du-jour on the chopping block. But do you ever wonder why you hate, but secretly look up pictures on FaceBook or Google of him or her in your spare time? I'd say it's jealousy. And although it's said to be one of the seven 'deadly sins', sometimes it's hard to be confident and happy with yourself 24/7. Doesn't Miley Cyrus seem to have it all? A fashion line with Max Azria, music career, roles in movies, cameos in popular tv shows, ect. But looking deeper into my complete annoyance with her, I've come to terms with my ugly jealousy. "I can act wayyyy better than her" or "I could design clothes with Max Azria a million times better!" are among statements I bet a lot of us have made. But thinking about the shallow-ness of spite towards others makes you think "why can't I just be happy for them, and be greatful for what I have" ...doesn't it?

So next time you're hating on some one who's probably talented, thin, smart, or beautiful, aknowledge the fact that it's likely to be envy, hurt, or an ugly little thing called... jealousy.


Ciao for now

No comments:

Post a Comment